This December 6, 2018 webinar introduces the “How-To Guide for Marketing CIL Services to Health Plans and Payers” to boards of directors, executives and other leaders of centers for independent living (CIL) to help CILs establish working relationships with health plans and payers. The guide was developed by ILRU (Independent Living Research Utilization) and the National Center for Aging and Disability as part of its work with the Aging and Disability Business Institute.
The webinar will show CILs how to leverage their expertise in providing consumer-directed community support services for individuals with disabilities; provide an overview of health plans and health payers, as well as how CILs can best work with and benefit from working with them. Presenters will highlight links between core services and other services offered by CILs, and services purchased by health plans and payers, and provide insight on the initial steps CILs can take to prepare to work with health plans and payers. The presenters have first-hand knowledge of how working with health plans and payers provides opportunities for CILs to serve more people, provide more comprehensive services and be better advocates for services for the disability community.
• Orion Bell, President and CEO, Central Indiana Council on Aging
• Brooke Curtis, Training and Technical Assistance Specialist, Independent Living Research Utilization
• Jennifer Morgan, Aging and Disability Program Manager, Utah State University
• Richard Petty, Co-Director, Independent Living Research Utilization; Director, National Center for Aging and Disability, The Institute for Rehabilitation and Research
• Patricia Yeager, CEO, Independence Center
Participants in this webinar will be able to:
• Understand health plans and health payers and how they can work with and benefit CILs and other CBOs;
• List initial steps to prepare to work with health plans and payers including necessary organizational shifts; and,
• Understand the links between core services and additional services offered by CILs and services purchased by health plans and payers, as well as discuss the importance of marketing services to health plans and payers.
View the resource: Question and Answer Responses