REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT HERE
The Aging and Disability Business Institute is hosting a pre-conference intensive from 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM CT that will discuss how to improve housing stability through health care contracts.
Housing instability is associated with poor health, increased risk for falls, and avoidable emergency department visits and hospitalizations. Keys to improving a person’s ability to continue to live in their home—also known as housing stability—include affordable, accessible, and safe housing with ready access to home and community-based services. AAAs can use their OAA funding to support housing stability, but health care contracting can enable them to serve a fuller range of individuals’ needs and/or expand the number of older adults and caregivers they serve. Learn how health care contracts can support critical housing stability functions. Hear from federal presenters on some opportunities available through the American Rescue Plan Act and learn about promising AAA partnerships with housing and health care providers.
- Becky Kurtz, Director, The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) , Atlanta, GA
- Jennifer Raymond, Chief Strategy Officer, AgeSpan, Lawrence, MA
- Kelly Cronin, Deputy Administrator, Center for Innovation and Partnership, Administration for Community Living , Washington, DC
- Patty Bordie, Director , Capital Area Council of Governments, Austin, TX
- Maya Op de Beke, Program Manager, USAging, Washington, DC
- Traci Murray, Region 6 Assitant Regional Administrator, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Washington, DC
The USAging Answers on Aging Annual Conference and Tradeshow is the country’s largest gathering of local leaders in aging. Each year, these professionals come together with government experts, policymakers, business leaders, and other Aging Network practitioners and partners to share knowledge, insights and new directions in the field of aging. Register now to attend the conference from July 10-13 in Austin, TX.