Experts are increasingly concerned about the impact of social isolation on the health and well-being of older adults, and this concern has intensified during the COVID-19 pandemic. Health plans also have recognized the critical need to address social isolation among their members.
Watch this webinar recording, presented by USAging’s Aging and Disability Business Institute and engAGED: The National Resource Center for Engaging Older Adults, to learn about opportunities for contracting between community-based organizations (CBOs) and health plans to address social isolation. The Area Office on Aging of Northwestern Ohio will discuss its partnership with Molina Healthcare to provide the Molina Supporting Social Connection Calling program through which volunteers provide social engagement to older adults via weekly telephone calls.
- Marisa Scala-Foley, MGS, directs the Aging and Disability Business Institute at USAging, which provides community-based organizations (CBOs) with the tools and resources to successfully adapt to a changing healthcare environment, enhance their organizational capacity and capitalize on emerging opportunities to diversify funding.
- Meredith Hanley is director of Community Capacity Building with USAging in Washington, DC, where she oversees engAGED: The National Resource Center for Engaging Older Adults, a national initiative funded by the ACL that works to increase social engagement among older adults.
- Justin Moor , MPA, serves as the Area Office on Aging of Northwestern Ohio’s vice president of Planning & Program Development.
- Merideth Wagoner directs the RSVP Program at the Area Office of Aging of Northwest Ohio.
Participants in this webinar will be able to:
- Understand how social isolation impacts the health and well-being of older adults;
- Learn about the opportunity to partner with health plans to provide socialization;
- Understand how CBOs can address social isolation through contracting with health plans
View the resource: Addressing Social Isolation Through Health Care Contracting
View the resource: Addressing Social Isolation Through Health Care Contracting (PDF of slides)