- This event has passed.
Taking Integrated Care Success to the Next Level: Statewide Innovation in Virginia
September 20, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
REGISTER FOR THIS WEBINAR HERE
The Eastern Virginia Care Transitions Partnership (EVCTP) is a unique formal collaborative of area agencies on aging, health systems, and clinical providers that served more than 25,000 Medicare patients through the federal Community-based Care Transitions Program (CCTP). The EVCTP used that formative experience to build statewide capacity to provide complex care coordination and care transitions services to the Medicaid population served by managed care organizations. The statewide collaborative, Virginia Area Agencies on Aging Cares (VAAACares), has provided a one-stop shop approach for developing contracts with health insurance plans participating in Virginia’s Managed Long-Term Services and Supports (MLTSS) initiative.
As the healthcare system continues to pivot toward rewarding value, accountability, and integration, successful examples of cross-sector partnerships such as EVCTP and VAAACares are bringing community-based organizations (CBO) together with traditional payers and providers, and are serving as models for achieving the Triple Aim of better care, better outcomes, and lower costs.
In this web seminar, developed by the Aging and Disability Business Institute and hosted by the American Society on Aging (ASA), leaders from EVCTP and VAAACares give an overview of the process that led to Virginia’s success, and share best practices and lessons learned as Virginia State has avoided potential pitfalls and kept the initiative on track.
Participants in this web seminar will be able to:
- Understand the steps involved in building a successful statewide AAA−LTSS collaborative;
- Articulate strategies that AAAs and other CBOs can use in working with health insurance plans; and,
- Describe the processes underlying successful relationship-building with health systems.
- William ‘Bill’ Massey, President and Chief Executive Officer, Peninsula Agency on Aging, Inc.
- Kathy Vesely-Massey, President and CEO, Bay Aging
- Dr. Kyle Allen, DO AGSF, nationally recognized physician leader with successful experience in the development and implementation of innovative models of geriatric care spanning population health, community integration, interprofessional practice, chronic illness management, transitional care and patient safety.