Nutrition Services Program Outcomes Evaluation
- This event has ended.
REGISTER FOR THIS WEBINAR HERE.
ACL’s Nutrition Services Program (NSP) (provided through Title III-C under the Older Americans Act) provides access to nutritious meals, facilitates social contact, supports family caregivers, and helps older adults maintain their dignity in their homes and communities. In a continued effort to rebalance long-term care towards home- and community-based services, ACL has conducted a Title III-C NSP Client Outcomes Evaluation to assess program effectiveness, as measured by the program’s effects on a variety of key outcomes.
Join the National Resource Center for Nutrition and Aging on Tuesday, October 30, at 3 pm ET to learn about the results and conclusions from Part II of the evaluation that describes participants’ health and health care utilization and examines overall wellness measured using longer-term outcomes related to health and avoidance of institutionalization.
Access Part I of the evaluation report that addressed the outcomes of food security, socialization, and diet quality here.
• Learn about the importance of evaluating Older Americans Act nutrition programs;
• Learn about the methods used for the soon-to-be released Evaluation of the Effect of the Older Americans Act Title III-C Nutrition Services Program on Participants’ Health Care Utilization; and
• Be able to describe the health and health care utilization of congregate meal and home-delivered meal participants.
• Heather Menne, PhD, Social Science Analyst, ACL;
• James Malbi, PhD, Associate Director, Mathematica Policy Research;
• Arkadipta Ghosh, PhD, Senior Health Researcher, Mathematica Policy Research;
• Bob Schmitz, PhD, Senior Fellow, Mathematica Policy Research; and
• Holly Greuling, RDN, Senior National Nutritionist, ACL